Re: hot water heating

To: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Subject: Re: hot water heating
From: paul.mele@usermail.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 20:39:42 -0700 (MST)
I have 4 different Stiebel Eltron Tankless Heaters; all work as I expected

don't know what the 2.5 gallon tank cost (mentioned by another);
the DHC 4-2 uses a 20 amp (12 ga wire) 240 V supply at the sink in my
auxilliary shop...costs $150 or less, easy hookup, etc.

chart in the pdf :

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/pdf/01056.pdf

shows flow rates for that one and others if you need more capacity.
price is the same for the 40A  and 30A draw devices with ...go
figure...1.5 and 2 x the heating capaccity/ flow rate, if you have the
power available.

the 20A unit works fine for sink/ hand washing.  also heats water to
outside hose spigots for washing car/ whatever; 2.5 gal storage tank can't
do that...

feel free to Email me if more info / questions.

Paul

> For the on demand hot water, that is the route I am presently taking on my
> new
> shop that will even have a shower for the kids in the pool.  > Consider
your demand when sizing...