Re: Cutting ceramic floor tiles in place

Subject: Re: Cutting ceramic floor tiles in place
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 21:31:50 -0600
Hi Bill,

RotoZip with a tile bit.

Mark
Nashville

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2007 7:55 PM
Subject: Cutting ceramic floor tiles in place

I am installing a pocket door into one of my rooms and the wall that it is
going into is 1/2 the width of a 2x4 wall.  It was made by turning the 2x4
90 degrees making the wall stud 1.5 inches thick.  I need to replace the
1.5"
sill and replace it with a 2x4 sill and a standard 2x4 framing.   This means
that I will have to cut back the ceramic floor tiles about 2 inches.  This
tile is set on a piece of gray cement board.  Any ideas what is the best way
to cut this tile without doing any damage to the rest of the floor.

Thanks,

Bill