RE: Free Oil (was: Waste Oil Container)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Free Oil (was: Waste Oil Container)
From: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 11:53:16 -0500
> All this talk about waste oil reminds me to ask if y'all
> know about Free Oil ?!?
>
> When I have an "empty" container of oil, I invert the "empty"
> into a 5 quart plastic oil container (because the opening in
> the 5 quart jug is bigger than the top of the quart size oil
> containers thus they fit nicely into the 5 quart jug). After
> leaving it there to drip for a day or three, I then toss the
> *really* empty container away.

Way back when (I used to work at a service station) we did that for one
of the guys with an old beater that burned a lot of oil.  We rigged the
trash can on the pump island with an plastic milk jug.  The oil cans
(like I said, way back when) with spout attached were inserted into the
jug when empty.  We'd get at least a half a gallon a day that way (that
then was burned up in his beater).

STP was popular at the time too.  Four or five "empty" cans of STP would
pretty much make a new can (that stuff was thick and clingy...

Tim Mullen