RE: Waste Oil Container

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Waste Oil Container
From: "Joseph Szwed" <jszwed@energykinetics.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:08:13 -0500
We are using a 55 gal drum to hold waste oil.

I have guy who takes it for his waste oil heater he has in
his shop.  He has like 3 or 4 people saving it for him.
Have not heard anyone mention about mixing synthetic oils
with the waste oil but the guy with the waste oil heater
does not want any synthetic oils mixed in, as it gives his
burner problems.  He says a little antifreeze mixed in is
not a problem though.

Another guy I know who has an excavating business has a 300+
gal tank.  He has someone come and pump it out of his tank
and actually gets paid something for it.  It's my
understanding that the company that takes his oil requires
some kind of minimum like 50-100 gal in order for it to be
worth their time to come out for it though.

I realize most people don't have that much waste oil but I
just thought I would mention it.

Joe