Re: Celltron battery tester

To: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Celltron battery tester
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 06:22:38 -0800 (PST)
It sounds like a well-thought-out tool, but I do not
see how it addresses any particular need you have.
It definitely does not tell you if a battery is
charged or not.

Just keep your batteries trickle-charged over the
winter, and if one of them is proven to be bad
next spring when you re-install it (or any time,
for that matter), replace it then.

It sounds like the main benefit of this tool is
to tell you RIGHT NOW if a battery is
bad or not, whether or not it is fully charged,
and whether or not it is installed.

If you have a bit more time on your hands than
a typical repair person (for whom time = $$$)
and you have vehicle to install the battery in,
you should be able to diagnose batteries, charging,
and starting sytems with just a voltmeter and a
hydrometer.

Doug