Re: Shelving units

Subject: Re: Shelving units
From: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:03:07 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

> Were I to do it all over again today, I would get the free standing
> shelves
> like these:
>
>http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=101933-1281-CR4824&lpage=none
> I have never had a problem with shelving units being too strong.  You can
> buy a lighter weight much cheaper version at Walmart.  These units go
> together quickly and easily, and are just as easily adjusted.  They are
> quite rigid and stable.

Those units also come in sections, so that you can have two shelving units
2' tall or whatever.  Might make fitting them into your crawlspace a
little easier.

Also, the particle board shelves are crap for any kinda weight.  I've got
two or three sets of these (probably not that exact unit) and the particle
board is now sagging in the middle on all three (and lord help you if you
spill liquid onto it...)  I'll be replace the shelves with plywood or OSB
when I get around to it one of these days.

Other than that, they're awesome and I wouldn't hesitate to go that way
again.

Mark