RE: Trailering

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Trailering
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 05:30:18 -0500
> Is there any problem if I set the bike up so it's on one side of the
> trailer (not centered)?
>
> It would help the layout of the trailer.  Any ideas?
>
> (FWIW, it's a 6X10 enclosed trailer with a Harley FLHTCU.

I guess it all depends on the remainder of the load and where the overall
center of gravity is.  You probably won't being doing much in the way of
'spirited' driving so it probably won't make a difference.  If the rest of
your load consists of empty cardboard boxes, you might be driving with a
list.  Problem is, you won't know how it sits until it is all loaded.
Ideally you want the heaviest part of the load centered over the trailer
axle.  I don't know what a FLHTCU is, but I'll bet it's heavy!
Have a good trip.

Safety Fast!

Gordie Bird
'62 MGA