Trailer Dollies. (free ones!)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Trailer Dollies. (free ones!)
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 23:57:36 -0500
I came up with a little idea to help me move the trailer around.  Check
this out...

Instead of buying an expensive trailer dolly (that takes up space) or
trying to move heavy trailers by picking them up, I found a great trick.
Remove the jack plate on your regular floor jack and put a trailer hitch
ball in the hole. Now, just raise the jack into the receiver and lift up
the front of the jack. Then you can move the trailer around freely (on
solid surfaces.) Another advantage of this is that if the trailer starts
to roll due to a slope, you can just release the jack and the trailer will
drop to the tongue jack.

Here is a link...
http://www.megageek.com/photo/photoa~1.nsf/a7ffeab012bbfb5b85256eb1007ca7f6/39d4c3624866655d852570f3001a1b57?OpenDocument

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.