Re: Custom Garage Door Tracks?

To: doug@dougbraun.com
Subject: Re: Custom Garage Door Tracks?
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 10:16:56 -0600
Doug,

When I purchased my shop overhead door (12' wide x 10' tall) the
paperwork that I got from Lowes to help me decide on what door to get
had both vertical lift and sloped tracks designs included. If you want
to do the installation of the door yourself, contact the manufacturer of
your current door and find out if they can sell you the tracks you need.
You will also need to get different torsion springs, and possibly cable
drums, but it will still be cheaper than buying a new door.

If you want someone else to do the installation, just call around and
see who has experience doing this type of installation. They should have
access to the type of tracks you will need.

As for an opener, you will probably have to go to one of the openers
that mount to the wall above the door and use cables to lift the door. I
can't remember the brand name, but about a year ago I saw an ad for
them, saying that Lowes could get them, but didn't stock them.

Peace,
Pat

--
-- Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --