RE: Furnace Settings

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: Furnace Settings
From: "Trevor Boicey" <trevor@boicey.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:32:21 -0500 (EST)
>> Basically, the thermostat controls the burner and the limit switches
>> control the blower based on the internal temperature.  You want about
>> 90dF low and 110 high.  It lets the burner pre-heat so you don't get
>> a cold blast, and runs the fan after the burner has shut off so you
>> don't waste heat up the chimney.
>
> I've not checked it with a thermometer, but feeling the air from a
> register seems to confirm that the fan switch is pretty close.

  Am I missing something?

  My fan timing is controlled by my thermostat, as in "the digital control
thing that lives upstairs". Lots of settings in it to compensate for
various furnace types and personal preferences.

  Considering this thing cost $40 at most, dealing with a mechanical one
that may be inaccurate seems odd...