Re: 20# propane tanks - half full or half empty???

To: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Subject: Re: 20# propane tanks - half full or half empty???
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 01:20:24 -0500
On 12/10/05, Rush <jdrush@enter.net> wrote:

> Chas. Schlismann wrote:
> > If you have the $$ and the tanks are
> > reasonably close, you can buy more line and a valve that will allow
> > you to run off one tank then switch to the other when the first is
> > empty.  For even more $$ you can buy a valve that does this
> > automatically.
>
> Can someone tell me what these are called? I'm having trouble googling
> these and I need one now!

It's called a manifold.  You can get them that do what Charles says.
You can also get them that let you run multiple tanks at the same
time.  That's useful,  because you can only pull so much propane off a
tank per hour.  The colder it is, the lower the maximium draw rate.
Manifold two tanks together, and you more than double the draw rate.
Manifold three tanks, and you get about six times the rate of a single
tank.

Get to a propane supply place.  Somewhere the sells the gas in bulk,
or an RV shop are good bets.  Tell 'em what you want to do, and buy
what they tell you to.  That may be a manifold of somesort, it may be
a larger tank.

David

--
David Scheidt