Re: 20# propane tanks - half full or half empty???

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: 20# propane tanks - half full or half empty???
From: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:49:24 -0800
At 08:42 AM 12/10/2005 -0800, Darrell Walker wrote:

>Must be a regional thing, every place here in the Pacific NW sells by
>the actual fill.

You beat me to it; I'm north of Seattle and every rural (and a lot of
in-town) gas stations fill propane tanks.  They all have a meter on the
fill pump (state law, I think) and you're only charged for what goes in the
tank.  At most places even the kid that makes fried burritos and corn dogs
is trained to pump propane.

While we're on the subject (sort of) I'm STILL pissed about the OPD
regulations that were rammed down our throats.  I had four perfectly good
20# tanks that no one will fill because they are pre-OPD.  One I converted
to a portable air tank, one is still hooked to my propane torch and I had
to throw two of them away.  The OPD tanks are a sometimes PITA to fill and
purge, and I can't seem to get all the gas out of them.

Dave C