Re: Battery Buddy?

To: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Battery Buddy?
From: strovato@optonline.net
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:43:34 -0500
I have a "battery brain", which I think is basically the same thing.  It's not
a separate battery at all.  It's a device that goes between the battery and the
load (the car).  It monitors the battery, and if it decides the battery is
getting low, it disconnects the battery from the car.  That should stop
whatever drain was happening, whether it was big, like leaving lights on, or
small, like the clock.  The idea is that it will leave the battery with enough
juice to start the car.  It works pretty well, but if your car won't start
after just a few days, either you have a significant drain or it's time to buy
a new battery.