Re: How do I stop this madness?

Subject: Re: How do I stop this madness?
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 23:53:17 -0500
On Dec 7, 2005, at 11:43 PM, David Scheidt wrote:

> On the other hand, I think this a very good reason to have mailing
> lists default to replying to the sender.  "Reply to group" or "reply
> to all" or whatever it's called in a given mail reader means I get two
> copies of a message when someone responds to message I've sent to a
> list.

There's a difference between setting up the mailing list software
behavior, and how you personally reply to a message. Reply to all on
your mail client will currently send multiple messages as you state,
unless like me, you edit the recipients to only be "shop-talk".
However, configuring the "reply-to" header in the mailing list software
(a trivial 5 second change) means only the list gets a copy- no
personal copies are sent.

jim