Re: How do I stop this madness?

Subject: Re: How do I stop this madness?
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 23:13:06 -0500
On Dec 7, 2005, at 10:46 PM, David C. wrote:

> At 06:44 PM 12/7/2005 -0800, Wayne Farrington wrote:
>> I've begun receiving email directly to my inbox this week from shop
>> talk list participants for some reason. I enjoy reading the list but
>> really don't want these emails going to my inbox (unless somebody is
>> replying to a question I posted on the list of course).
>

> Me, too.  I have a Eudora filter set to send all the Shop Talk stuff
> to it's own folder, but lately some stuff is showing up in the In box.

I think it may be related to the "reply-to-sender" setting. Many times
I'll receive two addresses in the To: field- one to "shop-talk" and the
other to the person the mail is answering. I.e. Bill posts a question,
Mike responds but the software puts Bill in the To: field, so Mike adds
shop-talk instead of replacing Bill with shop-talk. So Bill gets two
copies- a list copy and a personal one. This is yet another (admittedly
small) reason that all mailing lists should be set to "reply to group"
not "reply to sender".

jim