Re: Heat question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heat question
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 23:50:13 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:
> One of many reasons that radiant floor heating is such a win...

   Speaking of which, is it really?  I've been shopping for radiant to
retrofit into my family room, and was surprised to find that my
electricity costs just a bit over twice as much as my natural gas per
therm ( and that's after a 70% increase in gas cost for this year ).  How
am I ever going to recover the mid-four-figure cost of the radiant
system, unless it uses tremendously less energy?

   I realise hydronic radiant systems are better in this regard, but how
much less energy can a radiant system really require to obtain the same
feel?

--
 David Hillman
 #18/20 B Stock