Miata Batteries

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Miata Batteries
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:03:59 -0500

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

At 02:03 PM 11/3/2005, you wrote:
>Unfortunately, lead-acid batteries have other problems (corrosion
>for instance), and the best solution (for a Miata anyway) is to use
>a replacement WestCo battery (or other AGM battery).

I'm on a Miata mailing list as well, and it was recently confirmed
that the Miata battery Auto Zone sells for about $79 is identical
with the Westco, and manufactured by the same company.  Comes with a
decent warranty, is in stock at practically every store, and you
don't have to pay shipping on 20-some pounds of battery.

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '90 Miata