Lead battery adapters

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Lead battery adapters
From: wmc_st@xxiii.com
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 01:42:57 -0500

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

At 11:11 PM 11/2/2005, you wrote:
> > I heard that a weed burner can be used as a lead smelter.  I was
> going to fabricate a crude crucible with an ingot > mold in the
> bottom.  The last time I tried to buy lead
> > all I could find is old sheet (roofing?) for a buck a pound.

All this lead talk reminds me of one I've been meaning to ask:

Anyone know of adapters to allow a small battery (eg:  lawn tractor,
motorcycle) with the flat connectors to connect to a standard round
automotive cable?

Been thinking I could just try casting some lead parts, since that's
what the terminals all see to be.  But if there's an off-the-shelf
source, that would be better!

The goal is to put an ultra low-mass battery in place of a regular
automotive one, for autox performance.

    -Thanks!   Wayne