RE: Parts Washer

To: "Shop-Talk Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Parts Washer
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 19:50:22 -0800

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

>If you want to be really environmentally incorrect, try this:
>
>http://yarchive.net/metal/lead_smelting.html
>
>No, I haven't tried it.  Yet.
Boy do I feel guilty.....guess who broke a battery case and
has been soaking it in a bucket for a couple of months.

I heard that a weed burner can be used as a lead smelter.
I was going to fabricate a crude crucible with an ingot
mold in the bottom.  The last time I tried to buy lead
all I could find is old sheet (roofing?) for a buck a pound.

Apparently old CRTs have lead in 'em as well.  And around
here you can only legally dispose of 'em by delivering 'em
to authorized recyclers who charge a fee.

Guess I have to pay extra to destroy the environment in
Asia rather than the good ol' (ethical?) USofA.

Steve Shipley