Re: Whole house water shutoff valve

To: "PJ McGarvey" <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Whole house water shutoff valve
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 16:12:57 -0400
If you think the shutoffs inside your house are old and untouched, you
had better not look at the shutoff at the street!

I once hired a plumber to replace the main shutoff inside the basement.
He came, but forgot the tool needed to turn off the water at the street
(which was the only reason I had to call a plumber in the first place).
I think he billed me for the time it took to go back and get it.

If you decide to replace the main shutoff yourself, I know you
can get the tool to turn off the water at the street at HD, etc.
It's nothing fancy, just a two-pronged fork-like thing on
the end of a four-foot piece of pipe, with a T-handle on
the top end.

Doug Braun