Bagging grass w/riding mower

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Bagging grass w/riding mower
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:12:16 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

Ok, I need some help from folks that have been there and done that...

We've got a 50" cub cadet lawn tractor and we just recently bought a
bagger for it.  Its also cub cadet (bought at lowes) & says its designed
for our lawn tractor, rides on the back, three grass bags, with a tube
down to the deck grass exhaust.

I think it _might_ work ok if I was mowing grass that was .5" too long and
there was a draught going on... For us, with our tall grass, it clogs
nearly instantly.  I can go _maybe_ 30' before its clogged.  Cutting only
half the deck width and going painfully slowly helps _a little_, but its
still clogged in perhaps 45'.

What's clogging is the chute itself, down by the mower deck.

Needless to say, this isn't going to be conducive to cutting our 2 acres
in less than a week... :-)

So... Are there any tips/tricks to make this thing work?  If not, I'll
take it back and go another route.  Which brings up... Any other options
that actually work?

Thanks!

Mark