[Fwd: Re: Halogen pot lights]

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Halogen pot lights]
From: Steve Dillen <sdillen@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:45:34 -0700
Here in British Columbia, we've started referring to halogen pot lights
as "recessed lighting"...because those other lights that are so often
installed in...er...revenue properties are...er...different.

ANYWAY, I'm surprised that you're having a rapid burn out rate on the
halogen pot...er...recessed lights.  I installed half a dozen in my
basement office about a year and a half ago and have only had two burn
out...both just last month.  These lights are on about 12 hours a day.
I like them so much that I'm putting 10 more in my family room that is
nearing completion.

I'm using the line voltage ones...not sure of the 12v versions are what
you're having problems with.

Steve Dillen