RE: speaking of fuel tanks

To: jniolon@bham.rr.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: speaking of fuel tanks
From: "ejrussell@mebtel.net" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:46:03 -0400
Original Message:

> had a friend weld up a tank for a fuel tank for my gas powered welder...
> what is the best way to leak test it ??

I've tested radiators and heater cores by using an old bicycle inner tube.
Cut the tube opposite the valve stem and then attach the cut ends to the
radiator. Apply a few psi via the tube's valve stem and then use soapy
water or dunk it in a kid's pool.

The inner tube stretches to prevent over doing the pressure and acts as a
supply of pressure long enough to track down a leak (or prove it ain't
leaking).

Eric Russell

http://mail2web.com/ .