RE: Garage lifts and garage doors

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: Garage lifts and garage doors
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 19:59:40 +0100
At 10:47 09/07/05 -0700, Randall wrote:

>Can't find an example at the moment, but I know I've seen large doors that
>roll
>up into a ball above the opening instead of staying flat, too.

Something like these?

http://www.all-in-one.co.uk/html/garage_doors.html

I have eleven foot high doors that roll up into an eleven inch diameter
roll. Found them to be very good but being industrial spec (corrugated
galvanised construction) they are noisy in operation and can rattle in
windy conditions. If I get round to fitting brush inserts in the tracks
that should quieten matters considerably.

Versions for the domestic market seem to be plastic construction and should
be quieter.

Nick Brearley