RE: H.F. framing nailer

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: H.F. framing nailer
From: "Mullen, Tim \(IIS\)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:37:47 -0500
Jim Juhas wrote:

> I have a HF nailer and, like you, could not justify the
> price of a real one.  It works fine for my use (occasional
> remodel, built a shed, will build a small garage) and I'm
> satisfied with it.  I do have problems with double hits
> once in a while, ...

Me too...   I have a HF nailer I bought over a year ago (uses 21 degree
nail if I remember right - or is it 28 degree?).  It works fine for what
uses I've put it to.  Double nails sometimes if the work is not stable -
the gun/wood "bounces" and double strikes.  If I can apply enough
pressure to the wood so it's braced pretty firmly, it works just fine...
Worth the $99 for occasional use...

Tim Mullen