Re: question on C (neither L nor B)

To: Matt Trebelhorn <matt.lists@trebelhorn.com>
Subject: Re: question on C (neither L nor B)
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:59:47 -0500
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:39:52 -0500, Matt Trebelhorn
<matt.lists@trebelhorn.com> wrote:

> Quick intro: I've been on and off the MG list for over 10 years; an MG
> owner for over 15.  Also experience with Jags, alfas, fiats, and a
> sunbeam.
>
> I have, more or less by accident, a 1991 Toyota Camry with FI and a
> slushbox.  It's my first experience with FI, auto transmissions, and
> japanese cars in general; so I find myself at a bit of a loss at times.

In addition to the things others have mentioned, Toyotas of this era
had some problems with intake system carbon buildup.  It typically
caused problems with the engine hot -- the gunk expanded enough to
keep valves from sealing properly.  I'd try some aggresive fuel system
cleaner.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com