Re: question on C (neither L nor B)

To: Matt Trebelhorn <matt.lists@trebelhorn.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: question on C (neither L nor B)
From: "Gene Merritt" <gmerritt@netins.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:31:07 -0600
Wow, by some coincidence, I'm having a similar problem....

I have a 1994 Geo Prizm (i.e. Toyota Corolla) with FI and
manual transmission and within the last two weeks it
started stumbling at high gears and low rpms.

I questioned the clutch, but it locks up tight under
abusive engagement loads, so that cannot be it.

And, I have no issues at high rpms, regardless of gear. I
only notice the stumbling when I upshift to higher gears
at in-town speeds.

I've had the car for 3 years (80K miles), and have never
had this problem before...or with the 1992 Geo Prizm I had
before that (8 years, 170K miles).

If you find an answer, I'd like to hear about it.

Gene Merritt
gmerritt@netins.net