Re: Car Lifts

To: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Subject: Re: Car Lifts
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 15:24:46 -0500
I bought a 4-post from Eagle a few years ago, the same model that now sells for
about $3,000 or maybe a little less.  My wife and I put it together.  My
ceilings are 9' and although limited, it's still quite useful.  I have a steel
utility-type chair that I shortened, so that if I sit on this, my head clears
almost all undercar obstructions, and this is with my Mustang GT up to the first
stop on the post.  (2nd, really, because the first is down at about 10 inches).
Access though the center is unrestricted, and I use cross pieces between the
ramps to make jacking bridges to support the car off its wheels.  It's worked
out well for me.