Re: car batteries. who do you trust?

To: "PJ McGarvey" <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: car batteries. who do you trust?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:09:02 -0600
From: "PJ McGarvey" <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
> Consumer Reports tested them in November of last year, can't recall who
was
> best.  I've always thought the Die-Hard was pretty good and have used them
> exclusively, except for the Optima Red-Top I've always used in my daily
> driver.
>
> I can lookup the results tonight.

After I posted my question, my mother-in-law opened a US-mail ad from
Consumer Reports.  It quotes their test of size-65 car batteries.

Top-rated:
ProStart (Pep Boys) Premium 65-750 for $60.

The two batteries with the shortest longevity in the test:
DiHard (Sears) Gold 33065 for $80
Interstate Mega-Tron MT-65 for $85

No, I don't know what other batteries were in the test.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com
"TOOLS?  Hell, any fool can work with tools.  It takes a real mechanic to
work with this junk." -Orv Ethier, 1921-2004.  First Shot Naval Vets, Pearl
Harbor Survivor.