Re: Bathroom Fan/Light/Heater?

To: PJ <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bathroom Fan/Light/Heater?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:02:09 -0500
PJ wrote:
> I was in HD today, and noticed NuTone carries one with a fan/light
> and heater, 1500W. ... Would the heat be noticable enough for a
> bathroom of this size?

   That I can answer... probably noticeable. Not necessarily
overpowering, but noticeable.

   My master bedroom has a jacuzzi area with the sinks, that is about
8'x8'. Beside it is a small closet-sized area with the toilet and
standup shower.

   For my morning shower, I enter the jacuzzi area, and turn on one of
those little 1500w cube heaters that plug into the wall and sits on the
floor with a a built-in fan.

   Then I shower, and when i come out, I towel off in the jacuzzi area
and it's noticeably warmer and nicer than if I forget to turn on the
heater before I go in.

   So you will notice it. Might only be a couple of degrees but it helps.

   Consider buying/borrowing one of those little space heaters to try it
out. The local shop here had them for $14.95cdn after christmas, you can
surely borrow one if you ask friends and family.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca