Telephone wiring

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Telephone wiring
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:57:45 -0500
I just finished preparing my collection of
telephone wiring in my house for the arrival of
DSL.  In the process, I neatened up some junctions
by using the punch down style of terminal block
like in telephone equipment cabinets.  My design
took longer than the construction because I wanted
to make sure that someone following this other
than me would logically figure out what I did.

It would have been easier if I knew more about the
proper conventions for such work.  Can someone
enlighten me or point me to a resource that
describes how it should be done?