Re: Lift install question

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Lift install question
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 01:38:35 -0500
No ideas as to what may be missing or what not but some tweaks I did when I
installed mine...

  - Shim the frickin' posts.  You want them plumb.  I can't believe this
isn't in the docs.  But it wasn't in mine.

  - Blow out the concrete holes and use epoxy to set the bolts - even if
they're expansion.  You don't want voids.

  - Once you get the post installed and bolted into place, run a bead of
silicone along the metal/concrete to seal it so melted snow doesn't seek
underneath the post plate.

  - I built a couple under car lights as shown by the pics at
http://home.mindspring.com/~haudi/.   Procedure:  goto home depot and get 2
4' florescent lites, 4 bulbs, 4 bulb sleeve protectors, 2 hanger.jpg, 4
clip.jpg and some screws.  I drilled 2 holes in the back of the lite to
hang on the 2 clip.jpg while inuse.jpg.  Drilled one larger hole to fit the
hanger.jpg while hangingup.jpg.  before.jpg and after.jpg show a the
obvious.  The only thing to be careful of is to pre-drill the holes for the
screws and to place and size them so they don't interfere with anything
moving in the column.  I just put one pair on each side for use at maximum
lift.  I'm going to put a couple more clips on for use at lower lift
settings one of these days.  Also, make sure the clips don't interfere with
the lifting arm support as it rides up and down - but this shouldn't be a
problem as there usually is a gap.

  - Goto harbor freight and buy a dozen of those little magnetic cups when
they go on sale for $2.50 and stick them all over the lift posts and arms
so you've always got one within reach.

  - Wire the electrical from the ceiling

  - Make up some lifting arm cusions.  No pix of these yet since I still
have the magnets, styrofoam and padding sitting on a shelf waiting to be
cut up....

At 12-30-2004 at 15:31, Shakespearean monkeys danced on eric@megageek.com's
keyboard and said:

>Ok, I'm still in the process of installing the  lift.  pics can be seen
>here...
>
>http://www.megageek.com/photo/photoa~1.nsf
>
>Click on the "See what's new link" and you can see the different pages
>there.
>
>This is a bendpac AC10K model.  My question is did anyone else that
>install one of these find that some of the pieces are missing?
>
>The directions have very poor diagrams.  And they are written for more
>than one model of lift.
>
>I'm up to the safety lock and it's talking about clip rings, and other
>little items.  I don't' have them.  Now the kits did come with shims and
>such, so it seems pretty complete.
>
>Note the electrical diagram is not included.  It simply states, "Must be
>done by a licensed electrician!"
>
>Anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers!