Re: Copper Brake Lines

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Copper Brake Lines
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 22:32:41 -0400
Thank you all for the information.  This confirms what I believed, that copper
is dangerous because it work hardens.

But now, is there a way to identify what material I have on this car?  Scraping
a piece will tell me if it's plated, but how can I tell if it's the
copper/nickle alloy?  We haven't put that many miles on the car, but if I
haven't lost the brakes yet, might I assume it's the right stuff?  From the way
it looks on the car, the last PO received the car with these lines and he put on
several thousand miles.  The lines do not appear new, but it is obvious they are
not original, based on how the bends look in the vicinity of the front shocks.

Jim