RE: water pressure, was:Re: Shallow well water pumps

To: "'Shop-Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: water pressure, was:Re: Shallow well water pumps
From: "Swamp Fox" <stevie_g@swampfoxcustoms.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:39:15 -0400
Water head pressure is equal to 44#/100ft.
Do you really want a 200ft tall tower next to your house?

We run on 35-50# and it's fine.

I had 90psi at the cabin and kept blowing up hoses and the pipes would
knock and groan.  VERY annoying.  I installed a regulator to drop the
pressure.
We were the lowest point in the county, well below the level of the
reservoir and pumps.  Like the Old man in "Follow that Dream"...."Still
too much pressure".