RE: carry around tool kit.

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: carry around tool kit.
From: <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:14:02 -0500
john matthews [mailto:john__matthews@hotmail.com] wrote:

> AAA  --  About $100
>
> It's like any other insurance policy, you hope you never
> have to use it but if you do you'll be glad you paid. Also,
> all the free maps you want!!!!

I think it much lower cost than that.  I know that we just added
each of our college age kids to our AAA "card" for something like
$18 each - my son recently had his car break down, and it cost
him (and ultimately me) $40 to have his car towed about 1 mile.

I've also had to make the 4 hour trip to his place to help him
fix his car before...   8-(

One other great advantage of the AAA card is the discounts you
can get.  We always ask for the AAA rate at hotels when we
travel - one cross country trip paid for the card after two
nights.  My wife even got a discount card a the "Outlet Mall"
recently.  Good for 15-20% discounts at most of the stores...

After many, many years of not thinking AAA was worth it, I've
changed my mind (especially with my son's fixer-upper-car).

I don't, however, use AAA insurance...

Tim Mullen