RE: Tools

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <burdickm@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Tools
From: "Eugene D Abbondelo" <eabb@loc.gov>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:22:21 -0500
Mike:  I'm not familiar with this press--sounds interesting--its
portable?  What name brand is it--I'd like to see if an internet search
will produce a photo.  I also have only used a large vise and a
selection of sockets to remove the cups and would like to find a less
stressful way to do it without buying a large floor press.

Gene
>>> "Michael Burdick" <burdickm@mindspring.com> 1/26/2004 5:11:27 PM

A U-joint press!  For 20 years I've changed u-joints with a vice,
hammer,
sockets and a little swearing.  I finally bought a u-joint press and
was
stunned at how easy it made changing them, even ones still on the car
(or
truck in this case).  It literally takes minutes, even on joints that
are
decades old and frozen in solid.  The press I bought came with adaptors
for
doing ball joints too, which I wish I'd had last summer when I did the
ones
on my truck...