weed eater

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: weed eater
From: Jan Goethals <janealpg@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:11:06 -0600
I need a really heavy duty weed eater to trim/keep weeds off of an
electric wire surrounding 20 acres as well as cross fencing inside the
20 acres.  Tractor mowing will not complete the job well enough to get
up under the fence.  The "weeds" are really thick and often growing in
an area that stays wet/muddy.  The weed eater I have now (Ryobi 775i (?)
is a 4 cycle gas engine and OK for the one acre yard but not the pasture
trimming and other maintence around other buildings.  Any
recommendations?  I really get tired of changing the plastic string and
the trimming I do really eats it up fast.  Have any of you used the
metal blades that can be attached to a weed eater?  Consumer reports
recommends a John Deere weed eater, but I don't think it is much more
powerful than the Ryobi I have now.
Thankyou,
Jan