Re: Even Further off-topic

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Even Further off-topic
From: Derek <dereklola@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 06:24:08 -0700 (PDT)
--- Brian Kemp wrote:
> - I probably wouldn't do this because some people measure success and
> manhood by
> the amount of stuff you have, but you could try to clean out and have
> a garage
> sale, donate the stuff to charity, or fill trash cans.  Then you
don't
> need to strengthen the rafter system.

Good point, Brian. Reminds me of lunch time conversations with the
unwashed in the good old days when I still worked and we still had a
lunch room.

"They" never really understood my hobby of vintage racing and were
somewhat in awe of by "big" trailer - just normal sized by racing
standards. They were also in awe that I would keep up interstate speeds
of anywhere between 65 and 85 depending on what the big rigs were
doing.

"They" were completely floored by the information that my mileage was
maybe 8 or 10 mpg.

"They" - "Oh my gawd - that bad - is something wrong with your van?"
  Me   - "No - that's pretty normal/reasonable"
"They" - "Wouldn't you get better mileage by slowing down?"
  Me   - "Suppose so - never considereed that option."
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com