Re: CBs and Lawn Mowers.. & high income N VA

To: "Lyn Fatt, Brian A" <brian.lynfatt@eds.com>
Subject: Re: CBs and Lawn Mowers.. & high income N VA
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 11:23:37 -0700
On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 09:37:25AM -0400, Lyn Fatt, Brian A wrote:

> I've tried to get my mower blade sharpened here in
> Fl, for less than the cost of a new one, but sadly,
> it costs more to sharpen it. I still have two sitting
> in the garage waiting until I get around to sharpening
> and balancing them myself, or finding someone who
> does it cheaper.

For me, the hassle for sharpening mower blades is in removing and
replacing them.  The sharpening and balancing itself is minor in
comparison.  Sharpening takes me maybe 10 minutes for two blades, but
it'll take 15 to remove the blades and 30 to scrape the underside of
the mower deck clean.  I've got a lawn tractor (riding mower) so I can't
just flip the thing over to make it easy to get to the blades.

I use my el-cheapo bench grinder to do most of the sharpening, and a couple
good files to finish it off.  Balancing only takes a few seconds each.

Eric