Re: CBs and Lawn Mowers.. & high income N VA

To: Tim.Mullen@trw.com
Subject: Re: CBs and Lawn Mowers.. & high income N VA
From: mbarre@juno.com
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 20:49:01 -0500
I am a little slow to respond here but I will second Tim's observation
of living near DC.  I have to admit to being a trash scrounger, but here
is just a partial list of stuff I found out by the curb with the trash
just in
my neighborhood: 8" vise, wet/dry vac, Black & Decker workmate,
rolling auto jack and 2 nice self propelled mowers...
And I only lived there 3 years! This stuff was all in good condition.
One of the mowers had too much oil in it and I never figured out what
they thought the problem with the other one was.

Garage sales there were great because people are just so busy they
didn't want to mess around with stuff they no longer used.

Contractors were another story.  I had one guy tell me it wasn't
worth his time even giving an estimate on a job where the customer
thought it wouldn't be over $500.

MRB