Re: Grainger

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Grainger
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@bayarea.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:24:30 -0700
On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 02:50:18PM -0700, ken.landaiche@nokia.com wrote:

>So tell me, how strict is Grainger about their policy of only working with
>businesses? My experience with the local outfit is that they are a little
>obnoxious about drop in business from private parties (me, that is). Do you
>have any tips about dealing with them? Is it easy to set up a fictional
>business to make them happy?

The guy I dealt with suprise dme by telling me about the wholesale-only bit,
then hinted with a 5 lb anvil that they MUST have an account with the company
I work for. I work for Cisco so that was easy enough but if you tell
them Sysco that's a large enough company that that shoudn't raise an
eyebrow.

jim