RE: No Start Update.

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: No Start Update.
From: "Mike Frerichs" <frerichs@tconl.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:05:27 -0600
Admittedly, this is a long shot but it's made me scratch my head more than
once.  I'll throw this out in case nothing else works.

Can you turn the engine over by hand (e.g. grab some belts and pull, or put
a socket wrench on the crank pulley nut, etc...)?  If not, check for a
cylinder full of coolant or gas (probably not, unless your vehicle is
carbureted).  I've had motorcycles with a stuck carb float needle, and a car
with a small head gasket leak, each of which developed a hydraulic lock
while parked.  You could hear the solenoid clicking, but the engine wouldn't
turn at all.

If you can't turn your engine by hand, pull the spark plugs and try.

Good luck.

Mike Frerichs