used ENCO Mill-Drill - good deal?

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: used ENCO Mill-Drill - good deal?
From: "Rex Burkheimer" <rex@wmautomotive.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:10:22 -0600
I'm going to look at an ENCO Mill Drill this week.  Don't know the model
number, but the owner says it's equivalent to the current #105-1132. It's a
benchtop model, comes with R-8 collets and lots of tooling. It has no power
feeds on X-Y. 5" power travel on the quill. Asking price is $400.
   My intended purpose is light-duty hobby work, probably mostly used for
aluminum brackets on racecar projects. High precision will not be much of an
issue.
   Does this sound like a reasonable deal?  Any problem areas I should look
for?

--
Rex Burkheimer
Parts Plus Marketing Director  WM Automotive Whse., Fort Worth TX