Re: building a shop

To: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Subject: Re: building a shop
From: epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:16:34 -0400
If COOLING is the problem, when you build it, find a site on a hill.  Dig
into the side of it and have the back of the shop about 1/4 to 1/2
underground.  This will keep the place REAL cool (read around 40/50's year
round).  My last garage was build this way and it never froze in there and
the summers were never hot.  (in Central NJ where winters are near 0 for
weeks and summers are near 100 for weeks with 90% humidity.)

I wanted to do that with this shop that I'm building now, but the cost
would be to great to make it the size I need it. (the shop has to be
masonry to bury it.)

FWIW, when I build my "dream house"  in will be built that way!

Inch

                    "Elton Clark"

                    <lotus.tony@airmail.        To:     "Phil Ethier"
<pethier@isd.net>, "Shop"
                    net>                        <shop-talk@autox.team.net>

                    Sent by:                    cc:

                    shop-talk-owner@auto        Subject:     Re: building a
shop
                    x.team.net

                    10/18/2001 11:09 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "Elton Clark"

Yep, opposite problems .  .  .  I really don't need all that much heat in
the winter, the shop picks up some "solar" during the days and if I'm doing
something physical, 60 to 65 degrees is warm enough . . . Unfortunately,
I'd
like it to be 60 - 65 degrees in the summer as well and THAT would be
expensive!!

Tony_______________________@Sherman.Texas
In St Paul, LAST winter's snow didn't melt 'til the 4th of July.  :-)

///