super glue removal (was nail polish)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: super glue removal (was nail polish)
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 15:16:46 -0500
Take note: the 'acetone free' nail polish remover they're selling now is
NOT effective at removing super/crazy/CA glue.

  I didn't know there was an acetone free variety until I tried in vain to
unstick a couple of my fingers with it. My wife knew there was a difference
but she hadn't realized the implications.

You can still buy the good stuff here in Illinois although it wouldn't
surprise me if one or more of those busy-body state legislatures have
banned it elsewhere.
In any event, I've found that nothing beats undiluted hardware store
acetone poured from a rectangular metal can.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com

///