Re: powder coating info

To: JNiolon@uss.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: powder coating info
From: LSAPEX@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 15:52:07 EDT
We did a race car frame this year.

Any mods to the frame need to be done first (tabs, holes, welding, etc.).
Depending on climate, you need to get the frame to the coater right after
blasting. Rust can form fast on bare metal.
Cover any studs with Teflon tape.
Any threaded holes with bolts.

<< ok gentlemen,

 I've just about decided to have my '53 f-100 frame powder coated... good
 longevity, hard finish... right color available

 I can have the whole frame coated and what ever else will hang on his rack
 for $300-$350.  depending on cost of powder
 I have to deliver a clean blasted frame/parts.    I think that would be
 cheaper (and better) than the prep and paint cost

 my question... is there anything else I need to know, ask, look for, dodge,
 run from.  ???  surely a group with this vast amount of experience has had
 every thing happen that can happen...

 give me the dope ...

 tia
 john >>