RE: PVC for air lines (was: Setting up air lines in the shop)

To: ken.landaiche@nokia.com, randallyoung@earthlink.net
Subject: RE: PVC for air lines (was: Setting up air lines in the shop)
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:23:07 -0700 (PDT)
> My hazy memory says that the hot air coming out of a compressor might
> melt the solder on the first connection or two, that one should wait
> about 20 feet before using copper. Am I all wet?

Possible, though the air coming out of the tank is not nearly so
hot as that coming out of the compressor. A friend built a cooling
"radiator" to go between the compressor outlet and the tank,
and we ended up brazing everything for just this reason.

If you're cooling at the tank outlet, this is not likely a huge
concern. You want to have a condensing filter before the hard
line, anyway :-)

///