Re: PVC for air lines (was: Setting up air lines in the shop)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PVC for air lines (was: Setting up air lines in the shop)
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:07:01 -0400
A few years ago, I visited an automotive paint shop that plumbed all their air
lines in copper.  I always believed that steel pipe was the best way to go
considering strength and the radiation cooling effect of the steel, but this
setup with the copper intrigued me.  While probably more expensive for a given
amount of line, installation would be much easier to customize with soldered
fittings, and there would be no rust issues.

What opinion or experience does this list have on this option?

Michael_Bayrock@translink.bc.ca wrote:

> I have a copy of a message from a while ago.  At least, it gives one answer
> to 'why not'
>
> Michael

///