Re: Truck bed liners

To: Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com>
Subject: Re: Truck bed liners
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:06:54 -0700
On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 09:42:52AM -0700, Drew Rogge wrote:

> I'm looking in to getting some kind of a bed liner for my new
> shop truck (mandatory shop content :-) and was wondering if
> anyone has any opinions on these. I'm leaning towards a spray-in
> vs. drop-in. At the race track this weekend I got a sample of
> a coating by Line-X and it looks pretty good. Nice and thick,
> not too rough but seems to have good slip resistance. Anyone
> ever use this?

Not yet.

My current truck has a plastic liner.
It's good and bad- it's a pain when loading motorcycles
since they and the ramp slide all over.

Your stuff slides too, so you have to tie it down better.
The liner will flutter a little in the wind
when you're at speed.  I can hear it when I drive on freeways
with the rear window open.

My liner is cracking around the edges.  YMMV.

OTOH, the plastic liner is great for picking up tractor implements- I
get them dropped in to the back of the truck and then I
can unload them by sliding them out of the truck onto
a conveinent raised area in front of the house (my
impromptu loading dock).

It's also good when you're taking a load of scrap and
concrete chunks to the dump.
The plastic liner spreads loads better than a liner would, so
you can just drop stuf in the bed and not worry about denting anything.

Eric

///