Re: Ride on mowers (was RE: weed trimmers)

To: epetrevich@relavis.com
Subject: Re: Ride on mowers (was RE: weed trimmers)
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:49:37 -0700
On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 02:41:52PM -0400, epetrevich@relavis.com wrote:

> So you can have a hand free to hold a beer! 8>)  (the other one adjust the
> radio) 8>)

My wife keeps threatening to put one of those gimbal-mounted
beer can holders on the Sabre for me.  For me those are a big
symbol of middle-aged suburban boringness.

One other thing I should mention is that you chould check to
see if the mower you're lookign at can back up while
the blades are engaged.  The safety weenies at Consumer Reports
dinged some mowers for being able to mow in reverse in a recent
test, but I think that's a plus, not a minus-- it means
that you can back up a bit without having to disengage the
blades, or re-engage them when you're done backing up.

For those of us without trick 4-wheel steer mowers, this is required to
make sharp turns around borders.  :-)

OTOH you may want the feature for safety, especially if you  plan to
enslave your offspring and force them to do the mowing.

Eric

///